Thursday, September 15, 2011

Dieci Giorni

Today our group went to the Capitoline Museum. It was really exciting to see this Cupid and Psyche statue Meredith and I did a presentation on this, so we were quite excited to finally see it! Unfortunately we were a little frazzled by the time we got to Cupid and Psyche. We took a quick pit stop to the bathroom and then got separated from the group. We were searching for the group for about 45 minutes until finally we just got on an elevator and I said, "Wouldn't it be nice if the elevator opened and our professor was right there." And so it happens my luckiness struck again. There she was and we were connected again. 
Cupid and Psyche!


So in the Vatican this Cupid was missing his bow and he looked like he was doing a little jig and I really wanted to strike a dancing pose but I felt it was disrespectful. But after being lost in the Capitoline I was in the "no shame" mode and couldn't pass up the opportunity to dance along with the love angel. 





It's Forest! I made him be in some pictures today. 



So this is a really old fresco that I love. Christ is obviously in the center and then Mary to the right and John to the left. Above in the circles there are animal representations. The lion represents Mark, the eagle is John, the lamb is Christ, the angel is Matthew, and the ox is Luke.



             On top of the Capitoline Museum there is a beautiful wrap around balcony with incredible views of Rome.





No comments:

Post a Comment