Sunday, September 11, 2011

"Are you sister missionaries?"

Yesterday, while Meredith and I were wandering around St. Peter's Basilica, this man came up to us and asked if we were sister missionaries. At first I was a little taken aback. We both paused and said, "well no, but we are members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints." He was a member from Australia and had a daughter who served her mission here in Rome a couple years ago. I wasn't wearing a name tag or calling attention to myself in anyway. We were being quite calm and quiet. Meredith was telling me about sister so and so who she had run into one day but for all he knew we could have been talking about a Catholic sister. There just aren't that many Latter Day Saints wandering around St. Peter's Basilica. I was honored to have been confused as a sister missionary and I wanted to so badly to say well yes I am a missionary. I have never wanted to serve a mission for my church more than when I was confused for a full-time missionary. I hope to have the opportunity to serve a full time mission, to give complete selfless service to my Heavenly Father.

1 comment:

  1. I had the opportunity to share this story today in Sunday School. We were talking about emulating. Who are we emulating? Will people know who/what we believe based on our appearance and actions? Guess who you were emulating? Have you received His image in your countance?? Singing...singing...

    ReplyDelete