Monday, October 24, 2011

Firenze...Florence

This last weekend I discovered one of my favorite cities in the world. Florence. We went to the Cathedral and saw Brunelleschi's famous dome. It was another moment where I was asking myself, "Is this real life?" It felt so surreal.







We walked up 400+ steps to get to the lookout

The steps started to slant and the walls started curving around us because we were inside the dome.
 Fun dome facts. Apparently the wall is 13 feet thick. When they were building the dome they had mini kitchens so they could just stay high in the dome to eat. They used a herring bone technique to lay the bricks.


It was super windy and I was struggling to get a picture where my hair wasn't attacking me. This is the best one.






Florence has spectacular shopping!

I definitely have a cameo obsession!

This atmosphere was picturesque.



We went to the opera, "Marriage of Figaro!"


Pictures were not allowed but I tried to snap a pic to remember the moment.

We slept in tents. It was character building.



No comments:

Post a Comment